Your parties can reduce the risk of birth complications in Uganda!
We are so excited about our second quarter’s Hostess Incentive! From April 1st through June 30th, Trades of Hope will provide Mama Kits to expectant mothers in Uganda for every qualifying party.
In Uganda, a woman must bring her own medical supplies to the hospital or birthing center in order to give birth. If she does not have them, she can either be turned away or forced to buy them at an often inflated cost.
Through this giveback, expectant moms will receive a sterile Mama Kit containing the necessary supplies needed to give birth.
Why Mama Kits?
According to the World Health Organization:
- For every maternal death in Uganda, at least six survive with chronic and debilitating ill health. Most maternal deaths are due to causes directly related to pregnancy and childbirth, obstetric complications such as severe bleeding, infection, hypertensive disorders, and obstructed labor.
- Others are due to causes such as malaria, diabetes, hepatitis, and anemia, which are aggravated by pregnancy.
- Data on maternal morbidity in Uganda is limited as 62% of women are delivering outside health facilities, without skilled care.
This Hostess Incentive is designed to help you increase your bookings and increase your party average with an attainable goal that will also give back!
- Original event date must be held and closed with orders placed between 4/1/19 – 6/30/19.
- For every $750+ party level reached, one (1) Mama Kit will be donated to an expectant mother in Uganda.
- Your qualifying hostess will also receive a Together Bracelet to thank her for helping a woman give birth safely.
- The Together Bracelets will be shipped separately from the hostess orders.
- Parties totaling $1500 will provide 2 Mama Kits, etc.
- Limit one Together Bracelet for each qualifying party.
- Qualifying parties will be tracked by the home office. Your hostess will receive her bracelet with a celebratory insert to thank her for her participation and to reinforce the impact she has made.
About Mama Kits
A Mama Kit is an all-in-one kit that contains everything needed to help provide a clean and safe delivery.
In order to give birth in most hospitals or clinics in Uganda, you must purchase all of the necessary supplies and bring them with you. If you do not have the supplies you will often be turned away or forced to purchase them at often inflated costs.
Many of the women cannot buy the supplies, so they do not seek medical care. This often leads to complications and even death for the mothers and babies.
A mama kit can allow the women to give birth in a hospital or clinic, or if they must give birth at home they have proper sterile supplies.
Research has shown that the gift of a mama kit can greatly reduce the number of women dying during childbirth.
Each life-saving Mama Kit contains:
- plastic sheeting
- surgical blades
- cotton wool (gauze pad)
- 2 bars of soap
- 3 pairs of gloves
- cord ties
- a child health card
- an instruction sheet in both English and Luganda.
All supplies are sealed so that they remain sterile until needed.
The stretchable, one-size-fits-all Together Bracelet features glass beads and metal rings plated in a gold color.
Add a touch of simple sophistication to any outfit!
Approx. Measurements: 6 3/4″
Materials: mixed metal (brass), glass, and elastic cording.
Colors: Black, Gold
Made by artisans in India.
The following marketing materials have been provided to help you maximize your success:
- 2 Facebook graphics
- 1 Party Printout PDF
- 1 Mama Kit photo to show contents
- 2 Bracelet Product photos (coming soon)
- 5 Photos of Mama Kit recipients
- 25 Artisan Photos
Share this video to show your customers how they can help children in Haiti attend school:
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/IBbswD4KxmU
Or download this video from Vimeo to share on your Facebook pages with your replicated website and/or party links for the video to autoplay in your friends’ news feeds!
Share the graphics and photos with an engaging caption, like those suggested below, on your social media pages:
- “Did you know, according to UNICEF, 1 in 35 women die from pregnancy or birth complications in Uganda? You can be part of the solution! Through June 30th, you can host a party to provide a life-saving kit to a mama in Uganda! A mama kit provides mothers with safe and clean supplies for a healthier birth.”
- “Expectant mothers can be turned away from hospitals and birthing centers in Uganda if they don’t have the needed medical supplies upon arrival – yet many impoverished moms-to-be cannot afford them. You can help provide a life-saving Mama Kit to help ensure they give birth safely.”